20 plain text email signature examples and templates
Not interested in using GIFs, images, or coding email signatures to get your message across? You’ll need plain text email signature templates to send to your customers.
If you don’t know where to begin with putting those together, Exclaimer has five email signature template examples that you can use and how to implement them.
What are plain text email signature templates?
A plain text email signature, as the name suggests, is a signature that’s made of just text with no imagery. The plain text format incorporates no HTML code in its design. It doesn't allow for any formatting options, such as font size adjustments and italicizing text. There’s often little variation in the design, and it’s simple to implement one.
At its most basic, a signature of this type includes personal information such as name, job title, department, phone number, and email address. These types of email signatures can still be used for marketing communications, but no specific brand elements or creative flare will be displayed within a plain text email signature.
In this age of HTML email signature designs, using plain text email signatures can be seen as a bit boring. However, there are advantages to using this format if you have no design skills:
All email clients will support your email signature template.
The size of your emails will be small as there are no images.
There’s less chance of your emails being marked as spam due to HTML code.
If you don’t send emails very often, then this is the best choice for you. However, if you want a professional email signature that promotes your company, it’s strongly recommended that you create an HTML template incorporating your branding.
The following examples are very similar in style due to the limitations of the plain text format:
Example plain text email signature templates
2. A plain text email signature template example with the sender’s details and contact details of their assistant.
3. This email signature template uses links on the phone numbers and the main web link. It’s also ideal for a plain text mobile email signature.
4. Another plain text signature example with an email disclaimer but laid out slightly differently.
5. This plain text email signature example uses a standard layout to present all the relevant information.
At the end of the day, if you use a plain text email signature, you’ll still want to make sure that it presents your organization in a favorable light.
You might not be using HTML formatting, but you’ll want to:
Use web-safe fonts like Calibri and Verdana
Test to see how the design looks on different devices (always think with mobile devices in mind)
Avoid using too much color (plain text often works best with no color other than black)
Make sure your email disclaimer isn’t too long and overwhelms the contact information
Text-based email signature examples
Email signature text templates use text and minimal graphical imagery. When creating a signature of this kind, a simple layout is always best. If you’re using images and logos, you'll need to make sure that appropriate Alt text is used.
You'll also need to avoid using unique fonts, colors and graphics that don't conform to your brand guidelines. It's also likely that you won't be including any HTML code in your design. This often means no additional imagery like social media icons or display banners.
Additional tips include making the font easy to read and not letting users modify your design if you have that option.
The email signature text templates below come in a variety of different layouts. However, they’re almost guaranteed to appear correctly within any email client.
1. An email signature template with plenty of contact information displaying various phone numbers. It also includes a strong corporate logo and email disclaimer.
2. Company logo with detailed email disclaimer and corporate logo under contact details.
3. Clean and professional text-based email signature template with company logo and contact details. The design has been built using HTML tables.
4. Clean text-based email signature template with corporate logo and email disclaimer.
5. Signature with image at the top and various contact details below.
6. A text-based email signature template using full contact details including URL to main website.
7. Email signature template using borders in the design.
8. Text-based email signature split into various sections for the contact details.
9. Text-based email signature using HTML tables to separate out corporate imagery and contact details. The design is rounded off with an email disclaimer.
10. Simple email signature design with full contact details, simple usage of the corporate logo and email disclaimer.
11. Email signature used for customer service purposes. The design is enhanced with a photo image of the sender.
12. Simple business card style signature with logo and contact details.
13. Detailed signature with photo image, multiple office location details, and email disclaimer.
14. Green colored email signature with an additional environmental message.
15. The corporate logo is the main star of this email signature design, complete with additional text links.
Start supercharging your email signature templates
By taking inspiration from these email signature templates, you’ll easily be able to create the best email signature designs possible.
And to turbo-boost your email signatures, unleash the power of Exclaimer.